I came across TweetCraft on the Twitter blog.
TweetCraft is an in-game Twitter client for World of Warcraft. TweetCraft can:
- Send/receive Tweets in-game (Immediate sending reloads your UI)
- Queue Tweets to send when it's more convenient for you
- Upload in-game screenshots using TwitPic
- AutoTweet when you log in, enter an instance or get an achievement
- Extensible so that AddOn authors can register messages or events to AutoTweet
The Bomber is always chatting to me about his WoW achievements, mostly to my utter bewilderment. This could be a good way for us to keep in touch about his progess, old WoW plugin hands that we are.
This 'Coding for Fun' article on how it works is worth reading as well in light of our own Twitter API development.