This month's Audible credit is in. Let's see what I have added to the wish list over the last four weeks or so.
- There Is Nothing For You Here, Finding Opportunity in the Twenty-First Century By: Fiona Hill
- The Return of Holy Russia, Apocalyptic History, Mystical Awakening, and the Struggle for the Soul of the World By: Gary Lachman
- The Brothers Karamazov By: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Taste, My Life Through Food By: Stanley Tucci
- Born to Run By: Bruce Springsteen
The first three would seem to be inspired (if that is the right word) by Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Number one, Fiona Hill, not obviously I will grant you, but she was formerly the senior director for European and Russian affairs on President Trump's National Security Council.
Four and five are recommendations from my brother John. And the winner is......... Bruce Spingsteen!
Herewith, the "for why." Bruce's narration of 'Born to Run' is 18 hours and 12 minutes of meaty goodness. John and Lorraine listened to it driving up here from Cardiff last Friday and on the way back to Wales on Saturday, but there is still plenty left. Apparently it is so compelling she has forbidden him from finishing it unless they are in the car together. This is despite apparently never having exhibited any interest in The Boss whatsoever before. Could there be any higher praise?
I am reminded of the deafening silence that descends if you are ever out socially with a couple and one of them inadvertently reveals that they have independently watched a few more episodes of a shared Netflix series than the other.
Post a Comment