- Stop playing old-time rock and roll.
- Try to take him to a disco. (see also: “tango, go to hear them play a…”)
- Fail to stifle a yawn when he reminisces about the days of old.
- Leap into the room and shout, “Who wants to go to Fire Lake!”
- Instigate a debate about alternative energy sources and obstinately come out against the wind.
- Subtly remind Bob Seger that Betty Lou’s gettin’ out tonight.
- Tell Bob Seger that he’s still the same, but in a tone that’s not necessarily a compliment.
- Call Bob Seger “a relic,” call him what you will.
- Continue playing rock and roll that is not old-time but nonetheless recognized as a classic of the genre.
- Start humming a tune from 1962.
- Suggestively tell Bob Seger that you know it’s late, you know he’s weary, you know his plans don’t include you…
- Just take those old records off the shelf. (see also: “old records, proper storage of”)
- Whip out the sax.
- Night moves.
Tuesday, May 07, 2019
INCREASINGLY LESS SURE WAYS TO GET BOB SEGER TO GO
at 9:14 am
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment