So here, not that the world is crying out for them, are my guidelines for eating.
- Regardless of what you read about wonder foods, food is not medicine.
- Regardless of what you hear about junk food, food is not poison.
- You are an omnivore, eat a varied diet.
- Purchase and prepare fresh produce when you get the chance.
- Lastly, don't fret. Mark Twight has wisely observed that "weighing portions and counting calories and allowing food to rule one's life is just as much an eating disorder as sticking a finger down your throat".
The danger of speed reading is that you capture a good portion of the meaning behind the words, but that bit that you glossed over can come back to kick you in the head...
Here's what happened not 10 seconds ago: "Mark Twain said WHAT?!"
The great man did say:
"In the manner of diet--I have been persistently strict in sticking to the things which didn't agree with me until one or the other of us got the best of it."
- 70th birthday speech
Post a Comment