Neil and Caroline, who put us up over the weekend, having started their careers as pharmacists I mentioned on Saturday evening that it had emerged that Tom Petty (like Prince before him) had died of a Fentanyl overdose. This led me to recommending the book Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic to them, and to realising - when I attempted to say Oxycontin and Fentanyl - that I still read and recognise new words in my head as patterns of letters rather than sounds, so that I trip up the first time I try to utter them aloud.
Ben piped up with a reference to counterfeit Xanax bars pressed by gangs; something else to worry about.
Vice - How Xanax Became the British Teenager's Drug of Choice.
Monday, February 05, 2018
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment